Support ELEMENT global merchandising strategy by providing analysis, product knowledge, and marketplace insights for the Americas Region (US, Canada and Latin America). This position will report to the VP of Merchandising, Design and Development.
This position is based in our Huntington Beach, CA office and will require some international travel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Build the AMS seasonal merchandise strategy and assortment plan for all categories including: breadth, depth, price-point, revenue / unit forecasts, margin targets, segmentation strategy, and retail space allocation (end in mind).
- Partner with design and development teams in reviewing prototypes, photo samples, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Aggregate and distill all available analytics (sell in / sell-through / marketplace data / etc.) to build firm financial foundation for inline architecture.
- Plan and forecast revenue, unit volume, IGP, and option count / productivity for all product ranges across business units / channels for all categories- men’s, women’s and boy’s apparel, footwear, and accessories- with a clear connection to hardgoods.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with cross-functional sales, retail, marketing and demand planning teams. As well maintain alignment with other key merchants in other regions- EMEA, Japan, and ANZ.
- Forecast and report business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Enter and manage PLM data seasonally and maintain data integrity.
- Be fully accountable for calendar adherence for the AMS regional product creation process
- Partner on seasonal purchase orders, from salesmen samples to bulk production.
- Maintain and update sales rep communication.
- Manage pagination and M&D responsibilities of Seasonal Range books and catalogs.
- An in-depth knowledge of market, trends, innovation, competition, and product details.
- Bachelors Degree, Business administration or Retail Merchandising preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Apparel and accessory product (merchandising, buying, selling, development)
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop. Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Retail math, PLM system
- Strong Product/Design aesthetic/high taste level
- Ability to identify and predict future product opportunities/trends
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines and deliverables
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be PC and MAC computer literate in Applications – Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Word, NuOrder and PLM
- Experience in Apparel, footwear, accessory, outerwear categories