Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
The Wovens Designer will be responsible for the design of the Regional Women’s Appre for seasonal collections consistent with the Billabong global brand direction. Concept original product design through trend research, fabric development, sketching and executing final product. Partner with all internal cross-functional teams for fittings, tech packs, sales meetings, line prep, and special project preparation.
Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create brand appropriate, compelling product.
- Responsible for design and development of product categories from rough sketches to final garment approval.
- Responsible for material development, print selection, color and details.
- Create and update illustrator sketches, storyboards and tech packs.
- Prepare for milestone meetings, sales meetings, internal and external design reviews and photoshoots.
- Present product at 2D and 3D milestone meetings.
- Participate in fittings and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetics as well as commercially acceptable quality standards
- Adhere to calendar
- Travel: Local and international travel for inspiration travel
- 5+ years experience designing women’s apparel with emphasis on soft wovens and dresses.
- Strong eye for trend, fabric, print and color.
- Proficiency in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to develop and present product presentations for large groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Confidence to work with others in a creative environment
- Experience with PLM system a plus