The Senior Samples Coordinator is responsible for:
Create and communicate seasonal samples calendar;
The management of photo samples, A (M&D), B (sales) & C (marketing) line sales samples, international pre-line samples and rep samples SMS, including receiving and reconciling against PO’s, communicating with vendors if samples are missing, sample preparation for meetings and shipping out of rep samples;
Providing partnership and support to the product development team in meeting preparation; and management and organization of the sample warehouse and sample cage.
*Please note that his is a temporary position - projecting to go through the end of September*
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Sample co-ordination:
- Create and communicate seasonal samples calendar
- At start of each season gather sample orders for M&D and sales reps
- Track shipping status/receipt of samples (partner closely with development team)
- Confirm receipt of all samples/cross reference to PO’s
- Ship sales samples to reps – validate orders - issue invoices to reps
- Ship international pre-line samples and SMS to international distributors
- Steam and hang all samples on receipt as required by sample type
- Samples to be sorted and prepped for photo shoots/meetings, etc upon request
- Sample Warehouse:
- Manage organization of sample warehouse and sample cage, timely movement of samples to Sample Sales for sell-off.
- Daily deliveries/shipping:
- Manage all package receipts and shipping.
- Manage sample space with M&D, Ecom, Sales and Production to manage space and move samples out on a regular timely schedule.
- Adhere to workplace health and safety laws, policies and procedures.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety issues in your work area as required.
- Seasonal Billabong hi-lo reporting and communication to sales, M&D, Designers, regions, etc.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a wholesale and/or warehouse environment
- Prior experience working with overseas suppliers is a plus
- Prior experience working in a wholesale business model is a plus
- Must understand development calendars
- Must be deadline driven and detail oriented
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be PC computer literate in Applications – Word, Excel, PLM, B2B and AS400 are a plus
- Must work well in a team environment