Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
Contribute to the design of printable graphics for RVCA SMU business, as briefed in by global creative direction, Sales Dept. and Major accounts delivering on specific account/channel/consumer needs to create channel segmentation and account differentiation. Contribute to overall design intent and art creation for the seasonal ranges. Communicate directly with Sales and Buyers for Major retail partners (I.e PacSun, Tillys, Nordstroms, The Buckle etc.)
Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create graphics for the printable categories for the RVCA brand regionally.
- Execute prints, graphics and art in line with the vision for RVCA apparel global direction.
- Help to develop seasonal ranges including tech design / bom / color / visual line planning.
- Design / Create into identified opportunities as architected in the range as well as bring consumer relevant ideas and concepts to the table.
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance margin requirements
- Work closely with development in reviewing prototypes, strike offs, and submits for approval for all catego-ries from design concept to production.
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct in-formation to suppliers
- Work with development and technical design to ensure that all information on Line Plan, PLM, and catalog, are all correct and up to date.
- Assist in PLM management including style set-up for all styles and trims by creating and maintaining BOM’s, updating style information and changes as necessary, all sample comments, and approvals.
- Identifying and executing color pallet / combinations, print, graphic and art opportunities resulting in increased revenue and sell-through for the brand.
- Actively research and observe the competition’s design, pricing, and marketing and maintain a keen awareness of trends – responsible for creating product lines that are the most compelling and relevant in their target markets
- Responsible for end-to-end execution of SMU product requests that are in line with Corporate SMU strategy and meet defined targets and guardrails
- Owns the review of initial design and presentation back to Sales
- 5+ years in apparel graphic design, including textile design, with strong working knowledge of product design / creation / development
- Ability to create and implement brand right / consumer relevant prints, art and graphics.
- Ability to design graphics that consider technical constraints
- Ability to identify key marketplace trends and opportunities that are consistent with brand values and design aesthetic
- Knowledge of product development process / calendar / timelines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time while managing deadlines and expectations in a fast-paced en-vironment
- Must be proactive with a solution / result oriented attitude
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to help design and develop compelling product that meets the required brand aesthetic, calendar timelines
- Excellent communication with internal teams and vendors/partners to insure timely delivery of accurate / quality product
- Design and product development knowledge across accessory and footwear categories
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables
- Own projects and see them through from beginning to end
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior graphic designers to help elevate their confidence, skill set and level of work
- Must be MAC computer literate in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Word, and Excel
- Degree in graphic design / fine arts preferred