Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
The Product Developer is responsible to manage the product lifecycle from design concept to production of assigned categories. The Developer is responsible to ensure product maintains design intent while meeting all company margin targets, quality standards and on time deliverables. This position is the link between merchandising/design –production/sourcing and the factories. This position is heavily focused on Mens Boardshorts, Denim and Rashgaurds.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Managing assigned categories (Mens Boardshorts, Denim and Rashgaurds) to ensure on time samples (product life cycle management) that meet design intent and brand quality standards
- Daily communication with Asia HUB and vendors to ensure all samples are accurate and received on time
- Timely communication with internal/global teams on product updates
- Negotiate costs with vendors to ensure margin requirements are met at style and category level.
- Partner closely with sourcing team in Asia HUB
- Partner closely with Design to engineer product to meet margin targets
- Partner closely with Design team on all approvals related to product development
- Manage calendar to ensure all critical milestones are met (support peers across departments) to meet all deadline deliverables and ensure fully commercialized product prior to PO’s Partner closely with production team on all production deliverables
- Be the category expert – be knowledgeable of category status and manage all reporting for assigned categories
- Take the lead on Research and Development of new fabrics/construction techniques to support company initiatives of R&D and design team for assigned categories
- Attend fittings and send fit and visual comments to vendors and or Asia HUB
- 5+ years experience in product development
- Experience working with overseas suppliers
- Experience working in a wholesale business model
- Experience in product construction/fabric construction/wash and print techniques/component level cost management and calendar adherence management
- Experience in Boardshorts and/or Denim is a major plus