Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
Creation of tech-packs for all global and regional printables programs for the Element brand- all genders (men’s, women’s, boy’s) and all categories (t-shirts, fleece, jackets, and headwear). This would include full leadtime catalog If timing allows, this role would also contribute designs to be considered for either global or regional collections.
Please note – this role is currently located in Irvine, CA but will be moving to Huntington Beach, CA by Spring 2019.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Tech-pack all printables for the Element brand- globally and regionally
- Consolidate and own all catalog printables in VLP’s throughout the season- maintaining accuracy for fabric codes, fit, color, and print executions
- Create brand-right designs for global catalog and regional speed to market programs as time allows
- Assist the Global Design Director on organizing key seasonal product stories
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance margin requirements
- Work closely with development in reviewing prototypes, strike offs, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Ensure that all design, artwork, prints, and fabrics for sourcing are sent in correct format with all correct information to suppliers
- Identifying and executing color pallet / combinations, print, graphic, size and placement trends, and art opportunities resulting in increased revenue and sell-through for the brand
- Assist the Global Design Director with various projects
- Assist with SMU CAD packs- from initial concept through revisions
- Assist with uploading final Tech Packs to PLM
- Degree in graphic design / or equivalent experience in apparel graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- 2+ years in apparel graphic design, including tech-pack creation, with strong working knowledge of product design and development
- Ability to create and implement consumer relevant prints, art and graphics
- Ability to identify key marketplace trends and opportunities that are consistent with brand values and design aesthetic
- Knowledge of product development process, calendar and timelines
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast-paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution / result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Effective communication with internal teams, vendors and partners to insure timely delivery of quality product
- Design and product development knowledge to include accessories
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines, and deliverables
- Must be MAC computer literate in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Word, and Excel
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with PLM systems
- Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”