Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
This position is responsible for allocating product to the various Billabong retail banners and help to achieve Company objectives including but not limited to driving sales, managing inventory levels and delivering profit plans
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Complete all allocations and replenishment in a timely manner. Analyze class and product group performance by store.
- Work with Planner and Buyer to identify growth opportunities and minimize down trending business by store.
- Work with Planner and Buyer to maximize sales opportunities by store group and ensure inventory objectives are met to improve in store weeks of supply.
- Strategize with Planner and Buyer on assortment and business opportunities by location.
- Communicate regularly with the stores.
- Review aged inventory by store and recommend markdowns or transfers to ensure space for fresh product.
- Supply ad-hoc reporting as requested by retail management.
- Provide pre-season guidance on the minimum purchase size by color to cover each potential store group.
- Communicate weekly allocation strategies to management and buyers.
- Manage 1-2 allocators and ensure allocations are done based on company criteria.
- Excellent knowledge in retail math and open-to-buy components
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast growing and changing environment
- Initiative, drive and motivation to learn and grow
- Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimum 4-6 years of retail allocation experience required
- Knowledge of retail allocation systems such as MMS or JDA