Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
The Global Digital/Social Marketing Manager is responsible for demand creation and brand building on all digital / social platforms for the RVCA business. Global oversight and America’s oversight and execution. The position reports directly to the VP Global Marketing.To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Drive demand of eCommerce business through targeted eCommerce marketing EDM, Web imagery, social media, merchant-based approach with analytics
- Create & execute digital go-to-market plans seasonally to tie all digital marketing efforts together, eCommerce, social, Blog, etc.
- Create excitement around RVCA’s brand by appropriate application of imagery and the voice that matches our brand book and brand promise
- Brief creative team for delivery of content appropriate to the major campaign product stories and marketing initiatives
- Social media platforms globally – coordinate, consolidate, build, grow, post, monitor
- Digital / Social paid advertising including paid bloggers (America’s and globally as necessary)
- Campaign launch planning and execution on digital/social platforms globally
- Initiate Influencer marketing program globally, build platform, strategy, and execution of influencer marketing program
- Integration of consumer generated content where appropriate to build loyalty and excitement around products/brand
- Build database and loyalty program
- Larger scale social media campaign initiatives to build brand popularity and loyalty
- Photography and Video for ECommerce and social assets
- Work with category marketing managers and content creators to create digital stories that are relevant to the season
- Web analytics & Social Media listening
- Market Research through influencer and social media listening program
- Timely approach to social media and digital marketing
- 5+ experience in consumer marketing
- 3+ years of experience in digital / social marketing in leadership role
- Brand relevance – understands, knows, and can represent the authentic voice of RVCA’s brand
- Excellent leadership and multi-tasking skills