The Senior Visual Merchandiser plans, coordinates and executes all visual merchandising aspects of RVCA, in the retail marketplace.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the seasonal retail specific merchandising & promotional planners/calendars outlining all in-store and promotional infrastructure & activities for the coming season, for all concepts.
- Deliver the seasonal merchandising directive for nominated stores through direct visitation to the store
- Support the implementation of the seasonal merchandising directive for stores that aren’t visited face to face via effective communication with store managers/VM advocates
- Communicate with store managers, Visual Merchandising and Ops Manager to increase sales, profit and brand exposure. Work with your visual merchandisers to improve stores and coach managers and VM teams.
- Collate and distribute in-store campaigns and visual merchandising packages each season for the respective stores.
- Assist in training the VM Advocates within each retail business how to use and implement the Visual Merchandising Guidelines
- Communicate & work with the VM Advocates on execution of in-store concepts and upkeep of store presentation standards.
- Assess, evaluate & communicate the effectiveness/performance of the programmed activity to Retail Marketing director.
- Ensure props and POP for the Retail Window Program and Yearly Merchandising Plan initiatives are inventively managed and implemented within budgetary guidelines.
- Assist in the development of “Concept Specific” visual merchandising plans and merchandising manuals, focused on in store product merchandising disciplines.
- Plan and execute New Store Visual Merchandising as needed.
- Work within the current reporting template to provide constructive feedback to primarily the Account reps and Internal sales team, on outcomes of the store visit in order to improve long-term visual standards and place count and fill orders to increase sales ,and keep sections full.
- Contribute ideas/photos/observations into the regular retail communication processes.
- Provide constant feedback for continuous improvement of RVCA’s in store look/feel.
- Work with Retail Marketing Director to develop in store branding package and trade book, seasonally, to be presented to sales force at sales meeting.
- Maintain all costs within prescribed budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure greater exposure is achieved with each job or re-tender of work, in all areas of visual merchandising.
- Implement post merchandising sales analysis that outlines VM impact on top line sales for each relevant store
- Follow safe and healthy work practices and use safety equipment (including personal protective equipment) provided.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager or Safety Team Member as soon as possible after the event.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety and security issues in your work area.
- Cooperate with the company at all times by agreeing to follow the health, safety and security policies and procedures which are set for the workplace.
- Report any stock shortages, discrepancies and damage immediately to your manager.
- Meet with VM Advocates and Store Managers regularly to develop strong relationships and engender a VM Culture within the Company Owned Retail stores.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company
- Study in a creative area is preferred
- Styling or fashion design qualifications would be of benefit
- Prior exposure to managing visual merchandising in multiple sites
- Evidence of prior coaching/teaching floor staff merchandising disciplines
- Experience in working with Inventory Systems and reporting functions
- Experience in a volume fashion retail sales environment
- Ability to adapt and refine existing product to suit varying retail environments
- Delivering set-ups efficiently and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people both written and verbal
- Computer skills - email /Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Good special awareness to assist the implementation of an effective plan to each store location.
- Ability to translate multi-branded product in one retail concept