Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels
Support RVCA Merchandising and Design by providing analysis, product knowledge, and marketplace insights. This position will report to the Director of Global Merchandising.
This position is based in our Costa Mesa, CA office.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Build North America seasonal merchandise strategy and assortment plan for all categories including: breadth, depth, price-point, revenue / unit forecasts, margin targets, segmentation strategy, and retail space allocation (end in mind).
- Partner with design and development teams in reviewing prototypes, photo samples, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Aggregate and distill all available analytics (sell in / sell-through / marketplace data / etc.) to build firm financial foundation for inline architecture.
- Plan and forecast revenue, unit volume, IGP, and option count / productivity for Men’s product ranges across business units / channels for all categories.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with cross-functional sales, retail, marketing and demand planning teams.
- Forecast and report business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Enter and manage PLM data seasonally and maintain data integrity.
- Partner on seasonal purchase orders, from salesmen samples to bulk production.
- Maintain and update sales rep communication.
- Manage pagination and M&D responsibilities of Seasonal Range books and catalogs.
- An in-depth knowledge of market, trends, innovation, competition, and product details.
- Bachelors Degree, Business administration or Retail Merchandising preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Apparel and accessory product (merchandising, buying, selling, development)
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop. Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Retail math, PLM system
- Strong Product/Design aesthetic/high taste level
- Ability to identify and predict future product opportunities/trends
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines and deliverables
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be PC and MAC computer literate in Applications – Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Word, Cliq View and PLM
- Experience in Apparel, footwear, accessory, outerwear categories