DescriptionBoardriders, Inc., is a leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. Our apparel and footwear brands represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. Our Company’s Quiksilver, Roxy, DC Shoes, Billabong, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Honolua and Xcel brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. The Company’s products are sold in more than 115 countries in a wide range of distribution.
The eCommerce Buyer will be responsible for all aspects of buying process including managing a multi-million dollar OTB, hindsight reporting, assortment planning and strategy for the ecom channel. This person will also manage the in-season process of recognizing opportunity for speed to market product, inventory flow, sales and inventory analysis and markdown determination. Responsibilities include assortment planning and buying as well as product development. Strong communication skills are required as this role will require working closely with cross functional partners and upper management and presenting go forward strategies for the e-comm division. Billabong Men’s will be the brand of focus for this position. This role is to be located in Irvine, CA, will report into the Director of Global eComm and Online Merchandising and will work closely with the ecommerce team. Additionally, he / she will work with closely with the regional product and merchandising planning teams to manage the product assortment.
Please note – this role is currently located in Irvine, CA but will be moving to Huntington Beach, CA by Spring 2019.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Execute and analyze weekly, monthly, season and ad hoc reports related to selling and inventory position
- Manage an open to buy and develop a course of action based on opportunities and risk to maximize sales goals and hit margin goals
- Create differentiation within the assortment by partnering with the design team to maximize product opportunity in season
- Develop online merchandise strategy to provide direction to the web merchandising, and marketing team on sea-son merchandise theme
- Collaborate with the marketing team on building out the email calendar to ensure key stories are impactfully featured
- Manage samples and the photography for both web and catalog
- Be the point person across all cross functional partner for ecommerce merchandising strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years prior eCommerce or retail buying or planning experience, ideally in apparel
- Strong Excel and analytical skills to measure, manage, analyze and report on sales and inventory KPI's
- Financial experience
- Keen attention to detail with strong multi-tasking skills
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues all levels
- Previous management experience