Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Merchandising Analyst will primarily be responsible for developing, managing and executing the merchandise strategy, line plan, architecture,
and forecasting / planning for allocated Billabong Womens Categories. Ownership of department merchandise analytics
from end to end within the brands C2C process. Please note – this role is currently located in Irvine, CA but will be moving to Huntington Beach, CA by Spring 2019.
Please note – this role is currently located in Irvine, CA but will be moving to Huntington Beach, CA by Spring 2019.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Analysis: Aggregates and distills all available analytics (sell in / sell through / marketplace data / etc) to build firm financial foundation for Men’s inline architecture.
- Monthly marketplace reporting and analysis ownership (Action Watch, category deep dives, DTC sell thru, wholesale sell thru, etc)
- Seasonal hindsight and Hi-Lo reporting at all key milestones
- Planning / Forecasting: revenue, unit volume, IGM, and option count / productivity for Women’s product ranges across business units / channels for all categories. Manages all seasonal business forecasting through the product creation process from architecture to final PO placement.
- Work with M&D in line reviews at seasonal milestones for all categories from design concept to production.
- Assist with M&D responsibilities of Seasonal catalogs and line guides including product data integrity, product image maintenance, and digital NuOrder line sheets
- Marketplace: in depth knowledge of market, trends, innovation, competition, and product
- Communication: Ensures clear and consistent communication with cross-functional sales, retail, marketing and demand planning teams
- Partner with planning on seasonal purchase orders, assuring on time delivery from salesmen samples to bulk production.
- Maintain and update sales rep communication.
- Strong Product/Design aesthetic/high taste level
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines and deliverables
- Ability to analyze current business and help identify and predict future product opportunities/trends
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong Analytical skills
- Must be PC and MAC computer literate in Applications – Excel, Adobe Illustrator, , Qlikview, PLM, SAP
- Experience in womens apparel, footwear and accessory categories
- Bachelors Degree, Business administration or Retail Merchandising preferred
- 4+ years experience in Apparel and accessory product (merchandising, buying, selling, development )
- Experienced and advanced skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Good working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Keynote.
- Retail math, PLM system