VONZIPPER is about lifestyle and personality. Our mission is to develop, design and deliver premium eyewear, goggles, soft goods and accessories to the alternative mindset through participation in the sideways subculture and a commitment to the individual. Everything we do is a reflection of relationships; from employees and team riders, to our retailers and their customers. We bring smiles to faces and touch people with positive declarations of rebellion.
VONZIPPER is a California-based eyewear and accessories manufacturer, founded in 2000 in a modest San Clemente warehouse. VZ began as a band of friends who shared a mutual magnetism to freedom and the do-it-yourself mentality. Today, over a decade later, VonZipper exists to spread that gospel through innovative design, supreme style, and strict attention to the details.The Product Developer will primarily be responsible for effectively managing all aspects of product development from initial design handoff through to the final delivery of finished goods into the marketplace, arriving on spec, on time, and on price.
Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with Design Director to develop new concepts, prototypes and production across all categories.
- Active management of line plans and product development calendar, with alignment to organizational priorities and consideration of cross-functional inputs.
- Category reporting and merchandising support.
- Daily communication with vendors/suppliers to ensure prototypes, samples and production goods are developed and delivered as planned.
- Negotiate costing with vendors/suppliers to achieve margin targets with high quality execution.
- Tech Packs, Spec Sheets, and Build Of Materials (B.O.M.)
- Revision of 2D CAD drawings.
- Comments, approvals and limit samples.
- Maintain database of relevant testing and compliance requirements for all product lines.
- Assist Design Director in development of product briefs, mood boards and color concepts.
- Photo editing: re-touch, re-color, photo manipulation, extensions, background clipping, corrections, etc.
- In-depth product design and development knowledge in hard goods and apparel.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with deadline-driven and detail-oriented attitude.
- Goal-oriented and independent self-starter with ability to think on their feet and adapt quickly.
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proactive and solution/result-oriented attitude.
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage a complex array of tasks.
- 2-5 years of product development or design experience.
- Design degree or project management certification.
- Project management expertise.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Illustrator and Photoshop), including proficiency in vectoring and rendering art files.
- Strong graphic/sketching skills a plus.
- 3D CAD/rendering software knowledge a plus - Solidworks, Rhino, Bunkspeed, Keyshot
- Photo editing: retouching, recoloring, photo manipulation, extensions, clipping backgrounds, color corrections, etc.
- Design for manufacturing experience/skills
- Knowledge of the product design process including trend, forecast, color, styling, construction and fit.
- Understanding / knowledge of eyewear, goggle and apparel materials.
- Experience in screen-printing a plus.
- Knowledge of competitive product, retail environments and market influences.
- Team-oriented mindset