RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The temp Pattern Maker will primarily be responsible for the apparel development and creating specification sheets based off of garment description, sample and sketch.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with design & pre production team on fit specifics
- Translate the design sketch &/or sample into a spec sheet
- Prepare, maintain & update spec sheets
- Attend development & production fitting of samples with design team
- Assist in all areas of pattern department
- Provide call-outs and critiques during the fittings to verify that all issues are identified
- Fit garment on model and identity and make any necessary adjustments to pattern and/or specs to improve fit
- Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Gerber or Lectra knowledge. PLM experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience in attending fittings and perform corrections within spec sheets. Ability to draw in Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Mens patternmaking and construction, strong communication skills, ability to multi task, follow through for execution of design and production schedules.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience as a Sport/Active Fit Technician and/or Technical Designer
- Must possess a keen eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions
- Must have a strong understanding of garment construction and fabric types for performance product in both Men's and Women's