Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Production Artist is primarily responsible for the Production of Women's marketing collateral, including in-store, promotions, merchandising, logos, posters, flyers, print advertising, photography and more, with a primary emphasis on Wholesale and Vertical retail in-store signage and windows delivered on time and with a positive attitude and approach.
Those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted within 3 week period.
Please note – this role is currently located in Irvine, CA but will be moving to Huntington Beach, CA by Spring 2019.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for producing and adapting impactful creative collateral for Vertical and Wholesale Stores in order to drive sales.
- Create collateral that ensures maximum quality, consistency and accuracy and is on-brand in order to elevate consumer experience utilizing style guides and creative briefs.
- Meet all deadlines to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner to reduce unnecessary rush shipping costs.
- Communicate with Art Directors, Marketing Director, and project stakeholders to streamline processes.
- Foster strong, healthy, supportive, collaborative relationships w/ each team member.
- Experienced in photo editing, color correction and image manipulation.
- Ensure rounds and final mechanicals are accurate and error-free; including file construction, organization and prepping of files for printing or digital output.
- Flexible in working extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in Graphic Design / Production
- Experience in pre-production planning and processes
- Motivated, highly-organized and able to effectively multi-task, troubleshoot and adapt with shifting priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically InDesign and Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
- A positive attitude with ability to be a team player and contributor