Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Working in the Women's marketing department the Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for building revenue across all brick and mortar channels via targeted marketing. This fast paced role includes high-level administrative duties including liaising with wholesale customers, vendors, sales reps and retailers to create, budget, and order marketing materials.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Channel segmentation marketing planning & budget accountability
- Marketing campaigns coming to life at retail – from windows to in store POP, to table presentation, plan-o-grams (wholesale/vertical)
- Sell in presentations for the brand, including overarching season launch presentations and also specific for key retailers
- Partner with sales team to secure wholesale real estate & OTB
- Partner with sales team to bring shop-in-shop concepts to wholesale partners
- Lead to negotiate and create key (volume) retail partner specific marketing campaigns
- Brief all retail needs for wholesale/vertical to the creative team in detail
- Window, POP, props, in store signage – consolidation of orders, production and distribution (wholesale/vertical)
- Shop girls program – ambassador/brand building program (wholesale & vertical)
- Build e-mail and customer loyalty experiences at retail
- America’s direct mail catalog program
- Calendar and budget responsibility
- Involvement and planning of with grassroots events
- Responsible for key account marketing activations
- 5+ experience in marketing, trade marketing, multi-door retailer in similar role
- Knowledge/background in print
- Project management experience
- Strong powerpoint/keynote presentation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, process skills
- Creative eye, creative brainstorming skills
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solver