Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- This position is responsible for Production from development through production
- Providing Domestic and International suppliers budgets and purchase orders
- Analyze customer order dates versus vendor WIP dates and ensure order match through shorten lead-times and/or air sea splits
- Negotiates lead-times, moq upcharges and document shipment charges and works with sourcing for approval
- Daily communication with suppliers to ensure production is correct and on time.
- Tracking production from cut and sew samples through bulk production.
- Provides comments on TOP photos
- Working closely with merchandising, design, and sales teams.
- Approves care labels and product testing to ensure compliance with required standards.
- Works directly with suppliers on extensions and production related situations
- Reviews quality control issues relating to production, clearly communicates and resolves issues with supplier.
- Provides input into determining discounts related to quality issues.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- 5+ years of Production
- General knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets, As400 and PLM.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills including attention to detail.