RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for creating artwork for apparel; primarily T-Shirts and seasonal prints. This position will collaborate cross-functionally in order to stay in-line with business needs, current retail market trends and overall brand direction.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create T-Shirt graphics from conception through final vendor-ready art for inline as well as for SMUs.
- Collaborate with Art Director to develop and execute seasonal deliverables.
- Create and interpret seasonal trend boards and design direction in order to develop graphics.
- Partner with Apparel Design Director to create seasonal prints, repeats and placed art for the Woman’s seasonal collection.
- Collaborate with production teams on execution.
- Research retail market trends and translate into graphics and prints.
- Maintain project libraries and organize graphics by season and concept.
- Execute design briefs as needed.
- Associates degree in Graphic Design or Illustration AND two years experience in graphic design: OR, Five years experience in graphic design; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- 5 years graphic design experience, preferably in apparel or action sports industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong Illustration and typography skills
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to design around concepts