Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Ecommerce Customer Service Lead is responsible for supporting online customers through phone, email and live chat. We are seeking a calm, professional person with sound judgement to help oversee and provide support to our call center team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support online customers and Amazon customers for all of North America
- Daily email, phone and live chat processing
- Assist with warranty concerns
- Provide team prioritization in a call center environment
- Handle escalated concerns
- Emergency bug tracking
- Support team as an additional authority when supervisor is unavailable
- Helping team meet KPI's by contributing to operations as well as distributing and prioritizing daily workloads
- Fluent French Bilingual (written and spoken proficiency – ILR Level 3 or higher) is an advantage
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a customer service or call center environment
- High level understanding on how to provide world-class service
- Must be customer focused, showing empathy and care
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written communication, grammar and punctuation
- Zendesk experience a plus