Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. Billabong is an authentic, inspirational brand in the surf, snow and skate markets.This internship allows you to work side-by-side with the Men's Design Team, and gain knowledge of the Design role in the action sports industry through mentorship from experts in the field.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The candidate will develop skills as a graphic artist, growing in creativity and in his or her ability to operate design-associated programs.
- Intern learn the processes involved in designing and developing apparel in the action sports/youth culture markets and gain an understanding of Billabong’s creative strategy.
- Will be assisting the design team by creating art, graphics, and tech packs in the production and development of printables and headwear.
- Assist with sample organization.
- Must be enrolled in a college program that will give you credit for the internship.
- Must be willing to adapt to a fast paced and vibrant work atmosphere.
- Must be a self starter and independent worker who isn't afraid to ask questions
- Must be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- To Apply please provide Resume/Portfolio, proof of enrollment in internship class/or receiving college credit for internship