Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
This position will specialize in the given brands establishing Brand leadership by Country deepen the Distributor relationship, delivering commercially appropriate product, best service and clear communication with all the stakeholders. Will elevate the international culture connectivity through product and marketing on each brand driving financials results and leading the merchandising cycle from the product ideation to the sell through evaluation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Primarily the focus will be Working with the Distributors and Licensee markets on the Latin American Markets, however the tasks will also support the International Staff in Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Report on category performance by country, in line with the seasonal expectations.
- Monitor and report against category performance in the international licensed retail stores.
- Measure and track the annual category performance against the minimum expectations as established in each market’s contracted obligations and updated annually in each market’s business plan.
- Cross-functional management in order to get all the relevant information, complete, understandable and on time to be able to reach our calendar events. Be able to present and represent the product requirements, trends and results to internal brand staff on behalf of the indirect markets as required.
- Calendar management to ensure consistent and timely global release. Objectives are clearly communicated to all stakeholders to achieve better business results and keep the supply chain as efficient as possible.
- Compiling line request building a global seasonal brief to ensure all needs per Country will be covered in a timely manner. Have a keen eye for regional trends, and able to present, represent and communicate these to the global brand product engines.
- Prepare all of the seasonal assets for approval by the Brands & International Brand Manager, which includes price lists, forecast, samples order & order forms, delivery schedules and production information.
- Provide to each licensee with a consistent, clear and clean seasonal tech pack in a timely manner to ensure best results.
- Collation of licensee top of production samples for review by the global teams.
- Each month you will propose product sales injections to the International Brand Manager to increase revenue.
- Bi-weekly offer aged inventory to help package and exit out of aging styles to existing partners.
- You will work with each market to create appropriate SMU injections to drive revenue and meet or exceed revenue expectations.
- As specified by the International Brand Director you will present collections to Distributors, Licensees and retail partners. This will be both in the USA and on occasion in-market.
- Being responsible for managing processes and procedures at high level standards.
- Bachelor Degree
- At least three years experience in International Business.
- At least five years experience in a relevant industry with transferrable learning’s.
- A product background is essential.
- An understanding or experience in Action Sports or Youth apparel is preferred.
- Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese preferred but not essential.
- Superior organization, concise communication with a detailed and analytical approach to your work.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – especially PowerPoint & Excel.
- Applied approach to business travel, comfortable presenting and documenting trips, meetings and market conditions.