Ed D’Ascoli founded Xcel in 1982, working from the bedroom of his Sunset Beach house. D’Ascoli found no shortage of inspiration from the world-class performances on display at his doorstep; and the opportunity to create and to connect high-performance products with the athletes who demanded them was irresistible.
Xcel’s reputation for exceptional product quality is a clear result of an unwavering dedication to research, development, and design innovation. With tropical to cold-water products for men, women, and youth, the brand stresses performance: maximum stretch and durability, sealed-seam construction, and a fit that feels custom-made every time.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of this iconic and legendary brand. Title is dependent on experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Creating 1st pattern and production pattern
- Assist with grading and check grading
- In charge of receiving and managing our quality control and design sample inventory (includes communication with vendors)
- In charge of keeping design logs updated
- Assist with Tech Packs as needed
- Assist with checking vendor production patterns
- Any other tasks assigned by design manager
- Pattern and design experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and Adobe Illustrator and other industry/production software
- Organizational skills, self-starter, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and detail-oriented
- Accurate data entry skills
- Knowledge of the Gerber system software
- Design and layout of jobs
- Friendly, professional and works well with others