Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL ENTERPRISE INFRASTRUCTURE sought by, Burleigh Point, Ltd. dba Billabong USA in Irvine, CA. To apply please mail resume and cover letter to Burleigh Point, Ltd. dba Billabong USA., Attn: Human Resources Department, 117 Waterworks Way, Irvine, CA 92618.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for IT infrastructure operational results and KPI's.
- Provide strategic direction, coaching, development and mentoring to team.
- Responsible for overall effectiveness and efficiency of hosting services and operations to ensure the highest level of system availability metrics are met and LOB satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Lead the team and manage the overall IT day-to-day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance, and end-user satisfaction.
- Lead and own the effort to standardize, optimize, and consolidate infrastructure services through driving discover and infrastructure rationalization efforts to determine the future state with respects to technology and footprint.
- Manage all financials for Global Enterprise Infrastructure and provide monthly reporting metrics and suggested efficiency improvements.
- Focus on monitoring, performance disaster recovery, business continuity and root cause analysis of incidents to establish a robust and reliable IT environment to support global, mobile customer base.
- Monitor performance of infrastructure equipment, and coordinate equipment installation and delivery schedules. Identify requirements for infrastructure and operation expansion based on current and projected activity.
- Understand SaaS application models and how to deliver high availability services in a multi-site data center environment.
- Perform all other Director, Global Enterprise Infrastructure duties.
- Supervise nine team members including one ICT service delivery manager, three end user compute services analysts, one service systems engineer, one network administrator, one senior system administrator, one retail systems manager, and one retail system technician.
- Periodic international travel required.
Seven (7) years of experience in implementing and managing enterprise application platform technologies; implementing Unified Communications to improve employee productivity and gain operating efficiency; leading team operations, staff, resources in a global, enterprise operations and administration environment; experience in APAC, Europe and Americas within the action sport industries; working with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud and CRM, Aptos Retail ERP, and POS support; managing, designing and implementing OMNI and ECOM environments; developing IT strategy and roadmaps, and executing the strategy to realize the business and technical objectives; working with cross-functional and global IT teams, business users and vendors; planning and managing enterprise infrastructure projects; and leading cloud services, IT strategy, operation, cost-optimization, innovation, and improvement.