RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Product Developer is responsible to manage the product lifecycle from design concept to production of assigned categories. The Developer is responsible to ensure product maintains design intent while meeting all company margin targets, quality standards and on time deliverables. This position is the link between merchandising/design –production/sourcing and the factories. This particular position is heavily focused on SMU business for cut & sew categories.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Managing assigned categories to ensure on time samples (product life cycle management) that meet design intent and brand quality standards.
- Daily communication with vendors to ensure all samples are accurate and received on time.
- Timely communication with internal/global teams on product updates.
- Negotiate costs with vendors to ensure margin requirements are met at style and category level. Partner closely with sourcing team.
- Partner closely with design to engineer product to meet margin targets.
- Partner closely with design team on all approvals related to product development.
- Manage to calendar to ensure all critical milestones are met (support peers across departments) to meet all deadline deliverables and ensure fully commercialized product prior to PO’s.
- Partner closely with production team on all production deliverables.
- Be the category expert – be knowledgeable of category status and manage all reporting for assigned categories.
- Take the lead on Research and Development of new fabrics/construction techniques to support company initiatives of R&D and design team for assigned categories.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in product development.
- Experience in SMU and Quick to market programs is a major plus.
- Must have prior experience working with overseas suppliers.
- Must have prior experience working in a wholesale business model.
- Must have experience in product construction/fabric construction/wash and print.
- Techniques/component level cost management and calendar adherence management.
- Must be deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills.
- Must be PC & MAC computer literate in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Word, Excel, and PLM is a plus but not required.
- Must work well in a team environment.