In 1992, the Element seed was planted.
Our goal was simple, to be the best we could be in the most honest and ethical way possible. We joined together to elevate what we all truly believe in. Today we continue to create the art, direction and message on the constant path to bring progress to skateboarding. We are more than a business, we are a family, all on the same journey for the growth within ourselves, Element, and all that surrounds us. -JOHNNY SCHILLEREFF, FOUNDER.The Senior Merchandising Manger is primarily responsible for driving profit and sustainable growth across all business units, and will be an integral part in strategy building to achieve this. Have a proven ability to understand the consumer, and most importantly their needs. An ability to recognize trends, capitalize as appropriate, and see beyond to identify “what’s next”.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create a premium consumer experience by Identifying, prioritizing and framing consumer trends (insights) as input into the Global product engines to inform and influence the product creation process. Provide qualitative information (trends, colors, materials, graphics, price/value, performance, innovation needs).
- Create seasonal merchandising briefs and business plans – collaborate cross functionally within the Merchandising team to ensure cohesion; and communicate to Global Product team.
- Execute segmentation through profitable consumer right assortments that leverage Category Drivers, Seasonal, and Seasonal Energy products and key programs and meet & exceed account revenue targets for both Wholesale and DTC Partners.
- Build and drive Alignment for segmentation and differentiation strategies in the marketplace.
- Provide seasonal visual assortment tools to support sales efforts, and partner with them to present and land profitable and consumer right assortments.
- Lead and ensure a flawless Go-To-Market process for the Region.
- Drive relevant assortment for Key Accounts and strategic partners together with local markets.
- Develop cost matrix/pricing matrix for all seasonal pricing, covering these primary currencies: US Dollar and Canadian Dollar.
- Drive effective cross-functional collaboration with Regional Sales & Global counterparts.
- Work closely with the Merchandising Coordinator to facilitate the timely and correct delivery of the samples; Analyze and continually seek to improve sample process, optimizing both effectiveness and costs.
- Partner with Merchandising Coordinator to ensure all relevant and accurate information is housed within the PLM systems; that it is continually updated and accurate in near real time.
- Create seasonal forecasts by partnering cross-functionally with the Planning and Operations team; ensuring forecast accuracy and influencing the overall inventory buys.
- Understand the metrics of SKU Efficiency, how to manage, analyze and control in a way that delivers the right number, in the right places, at the right time to drive growth.
- Attend Global Milestone meetings, in addition to Regional trade shows and market visits.
- Deliver all assigned projects on time, in full, and while maintaining the quality standards.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, or Merchandising;
- Experience: 5+ years of related professional experience, preferably within the Footwear, Apparel, Action Sports, or Lifestyle industry with progressive experience in Merchandising.
- Equivalent combination of both education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the merchandising process from inception to consumer, and how departments are interconnected throughout the process.
- Language skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent understanding of the English language.
- Highly Analytical: emphasis on numerical and statistical analysis, with an understanding of how to effectively apply the principles. Ability to mine the data for meaningful business insights.
- Exceptional group presentation skills. Ability to deliver high level presentations to large and varied audiences.
- Technical skills: Advanced knowledge of Windows applications, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, along with MAC OSX and Keynote.
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking, including DTC and WHSL execution concepts, color application in assortment building, and visual presentation development.
- Experience with Adobe CS is an advantage: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Other skills: Ability to successfully adjust to rapid change, flexible with extended work hours and work in an open environment with the merchandising team and cross-functional partners. Ability to work under pressure, think strategically, act tactically, being open minded and flexible.