In 1992, the Element seed was planted.
Our goal was simple, to be the best we could be in the most honest and ethical way possible. We joined together to elevate what we all truly believe in. Today we continue to create the art, direction and message on the constant path to bring progress to skateboarding. We are more than a business, we are a family, all on the same journey for the growth within ourselves, Element, and all that surrounds us. -JOHNNY SCHILLEREFF, FOUNDER.
The Senior Women's Designer will primarily be responsible for
understanding and creating the Global Element line build, and tasked with
maximizing each Global market while maintaining Regional relevance for each. As a member of the Design Team, you will interact with
the larger Global Design engine, most of which is located in France. The Sr. Design
Manager Women’s works in unison with the Global Creative Director to
conceptualize, set, and execute the design vision as it relates specifically to
maximizing the Global potential, while remaining relevant in each Region. This
role serves to elevate the consumer experience through design, catering to the
needs of both the Global and Regional consumers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Creates the short and long-term design execution for Element Global Women’s product lines; communicates the direction and vision to key stakeholders.
- Deliver the Global Seasonal Creative Brief. Working cross-functionally with the team to gather, interpret, understand, mood board, and guide the design process for Element
- Develops strong consumer-oriented points of view.
- Oversees execution of all product details, including construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
- Contributes to the process by both creating designs and creating tech packs for those designs.
- Ensures key product creation process dates/gates are met, design tools are effectively utilized, and cross-functional deliverables are met.
- Leads, influences, and delivers premium product across categories.
- Maintains strong cross-functional relationships and builds matrix relationships across the Billabong Group in service of the Element Brand vision & strategy.
- Working closely with Head of Development to advance strategies for improving margins, product quality and integrity and to deliver based on knowledge of best practices for sourcing, product design and development, vendor management and planning.
- Make certain that working process, documentations and planning are efficient and work is delivered within brands season calendar dates.
- Adherence to Line management, Style and Sku KPI , given by Senior brand management.
- Evaluating and modifying proposed product designs to meet end-cost goals.
- Monitoring closely market trends and competitor performance.
- Utilize PLM, and maintain PLM accuracy throughout the entire process
- Interdependencies & Teamwork:
- Establish effective relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- Challenge business partners to drive optimal results, with facts supporting the brand’s strategic intent.
- Lead and develop a strong Global Design point of view and work seamlessly with the Design Engine to execute.
- Partner very closely with Global VP of Merchandising & Design to deliver profitable consumer right assortments.
- Partner closely with Sourcing to review product costing ensuring IGP targets are met.
- Support Global initiatives for Fabric First, Product Commercialization, and improved Order-to-Delivery.
- 5+ years graphic design experience as a fulltime employee.
- Bachelors Degree in Commercial art/graphic, design/industrial design, or equivalent.
- Ability to implement brand right & consumer relevant design direction and vision.
- Ability to identify key marketplace trends and opportunities that are consistent with brand values and aesthetic and capitalize on those opportunities in a timely manner.
- Deep knowledge of the design and development process / calendars / timelines.
- Proactive solution seeker, results oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent communication and follow-through skills.
- Must be highly organized and detailed.
- Be able to multitask and keep track of multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote.
- Familiarity with PLM systems.
- Design, Illustration, Layout, etc.