Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Retail Area Manager serves as a senior manager responsible for a specific group of stores in a geographical area. Some of the primary objectives of a successful Area Manager are to motivate store teams to reinforce excellence in customer service and to ensure that the stores consistently execute and maintain the company’s standards for overall store operations. This individual reports directly to the Retail Regional Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, sales, presentation, store operations, and loss prevention.
- Ensure that Store Managers effectively supervise store environment by planning, organizing and delegating tasks to meet store goals and expectations.
- Responsible for communicating sales goals and implementing strategies to maintain overall success at each store in the district.
- Train, motivate and develop store teams to maximize performance and maintain company standards for excellence.
- Responsible for training, monitoring, ensuring the proper practices and execution of a highly structured Sales Program for each store on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Recruit, hire and train Store Managers within the district on all aspects of their position.
- Provide appropriate constructive oral and written feedback to Managers and staff regarding performance and conduct.
- Supervise the hiring practices at the store level to ensure that managers are hiring qualified candidates and implementing proper training procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Store Managers are maintaining proper staffing levels to meet the needs of the business and scheduling hours according to store budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that stores are being properly merchandised.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
- Candidate preferably based out of LA area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of multi store Area Manager experience.
- Must have merchandising experience.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, and team driven.
- Knowledge of Retail P.O.S. systems.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills