Billabong is currently seeking a Retail Supervisor. The Supervisor is responsible for executing the direction of the Store Manager and the Corporate Office to achieve business results and Brand Standard, as well as acquiring and developing talent for the store and providing the highest level of Gold Star customer service while uphold all company programs. The Supervisor is to further develop basic management skills and exhibit leadership skills to prepare for potential promotion to Assistant Manager with a broader goal to reach Store Manager.
Billabong @ The Gardens Mall
3101 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33411
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Creates and takes accountability for a consistently positive work environment that increase productivity, decreases unwanted turnover and enhances the customer experience.
- Assists in the management and supervision of the Sales Associates. Assume store management responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager and Associate Manager.
- Communicates Gold Star performance goals and Brand Standard and holds all subordinate employees to the standard.
- Provides an open door policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retaliation or ill will.
- Exemplifies Company behaviors consistently.
- Ensures that personal appearance reflects the Action Board Sport Lifestyle and attitude of all company brands.
- Seeks and acts on written and verbal feedback; seeks out and learns new skills.
- Maintains a health balance between work and personal life.
- Displays professional written and verbal communications when performing all business transactions, with customers, fellow employees or the corporate office staff.
- Maintains open and positive relations with staff, peers, corporate office staff, Assistant, Store Manager and District Manager.
- HUMAN RESOURCES
- In partnership with the Store Manager, recruits, participates in interviews and make recommendations on the selection of the best candidates for job openings who reflect company standards.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, utilized company training programs including but not limited to Sales Associate Onboarding, Gold Star Selling program, store operations, and product information.
- Regularly gives coaching feedback (positive and developmental) to Sales Associates.
- In partnership with the Store Manager or Assistant Manager, administers employee discipline in a fail and consistent manner.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, ensures that the store is in compliance with all employment, State and Federal laws, including but not limited to wage and hour, human rights and equal employment opportunities.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- In partnership with the Store Manager, ensures store exceeds customer expectations through the execution of Gold Star selling program.
- Utilizes best judgment in all customer service matters by putting the customer's needs first.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service and selling skills, modeling appropriate behaviors for Sales Associates.
- GOLD STAR PROGRAM
- Required to complete Gold Star Selling Program Training.
- Required to meet weekly sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Required to complete daily, weekly and quarterly Gold Star forms.
- Provides training and support to staff, communicates goals and expectations.
- Properly executes all visual presentation standards and promotional event set ups.
- Ensures store is clean, organized and operational.
- Complies with all daily, monthly, quarterly and year end filing requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned department, ensuring that the Brand Standard is met.
- Adheres to and ensures all employees are working safely and following established safety best practices.
- Provides customer and merchandise feedback as needed or as requested.
- Provides input and influence to convey product ideas from customer to Store Manager.
- Assist in the management of store sales. Knows and shares the daily sales goals with the staff. Tracks and manages labor hours.
- Ensures that all customers transactions are accurately processed and recorded.
- Notifies Assistant or Store Manager and resolves any equipment malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Assists Store Manager in ensuring that all necessary store supplies are available as needed.
- LOSS PREVENTION
- In partnership with the Store Manager, ensures that the store protects company assets through promoting awareness of LP best practices including but not limited to employee bag checks, shoplifting controls (internal and external), perpetual counts, zone coverage and silent witness hotline.
- Reports suspected or know theft to supervisor, Loss Prevention Manager, or Silent Witness Hotline.
- Assists Store Manager in maintaining acceptable inventory shrinkage, not exceeding established goals.
- Complies with daily cash handling and banking procedures.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, ensures that all policies are followed specific to inventory control, including participating in required annual physical inventories, paperwork flow, over/short logs, markdowns, timeliness of reporting, receipt of goods, merchandise transfers and all other related inventory matters.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous customer service oriented experience OR 2 years degree with 90 days in retail sales.
- Minimum of 6 months related retail management experience.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds, with assistance, occasionally.
- Ability to operate cash register and fold and display merchandise.
- Ability to work on the store sales floor for extended periods -- 95% or more of assigned shift.
- Background checks will be required for any key holder position and pay will be discussed upon interview.