RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Associate Product Merchandiser is primarily responsible for supporting RVCA Merchandising and Design by providing analysis, product knowledge and marketplace insights.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Product: assist in the development of merchandise strategy and assortment plan for all categories including: breadth, depth, price-point, revenue / unit forecasts, margin targets, segmentation strategy, and retail space allocation (end in mind).
- Work closely with design and development teams in reviewing prototypes, photo samples, and submits for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Marketplace: in depth knowledge of market, trends, innovation, competition, and product details.
- Analysis: Aggregate and distill all available analytics (sell in / sell-through / marketplace data / etc.) to build firm financial foundation for inline architecture.
- Planning & Forecasting: revenue, unit volume, IGP, and option count / productivity for Men’s product ranges across business units / channels for all categories.
- Communication: Ensure clear and consistent communication with cross-functional sales, retail, marketing and demand planning teams.
- Forecast and report business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Enter and manage PLM data seasonally and maintain data integrity.
- Partner on seasonal purchase orders, from salesmen samples to bulk production.
- Maintain and update sales rep communication.
- Manage pagination and M&D responsibilities of Seasonal Range books.
- Strong Product/Design aesthetic/high taste level.
- Ability to identify and predict future product opportunities/trends.
- Knowledge of product development calendar, timelines and deliverables.
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Must be PC and MAC computer literate in Applications – Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Word, Cliq View and PLM.
- Experience in Apparel, footwear, accessory, outerwear and wetsuit categories.
- Bachelors Degree, Business administration or Retail Merchandising preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Apparel and accessory product (merchandising, buying, selling, development ).
- Good working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Retail math, PLM system.