RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Designer is primarily responsible for designing jackets, woven bottoms and denim.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Seasonal trend & market research.
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape and sales, merchandising and pricing needs.
- Create seasonal trend, textile, wash & styling point of view for specified categories.
- Partner with product development from sourcing through to bulk production stage to ensure on time delivery of the best possible product.
- Work with tech department on garment fit, spec & construction.
- Cad & color original designs that reflect the RVCA brand.
- Create and manage highly organized and fully detailed tech packs.
- Work with art team to create original artwork, patterns and trims.
- Adherence to deadlines across multiple seasons in differing stages of development.
- Present line at key seasonal meetings.
- Design degree preferred.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Min. 5 Years relevant design experience.
- Outerwear construction knowledge.
- Woven and outerwear textile knowledge.
- Denim and wash knowledge preferred.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, prioritization and time management skills, articulate communication skills, works well in a collaborative team environment.