Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Senior Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for concept and execute innovative, forward thinking ideas across all communication channels (Print, digital, enviormental, photography, event, retail)
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with art director on annual and seasonal creative guides.
- Communicate design concepts with clear reasoning behind proposed solutions.
- Ability to monitor, manage and execute on a variety of tasks and efforts at different stages.
- of discovery, and execution; handles large request queue; and deliver in fast-paced, deadline driven, and ever changing environment.
- Participates in and leads when assigned the creative process by presenting.
- well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet all project objective.
- Assists in photoshoot art direction, photography, color grading and image retouching.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and differentiate Billabong from its competitors.
- Consistently research, identify and share current design trends and competitive reviews.
- Collaborate across the group to encourage creative exploration.
- Work in a collaborative, team focused environment and foster brand culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years graphic design experience.
- Strong understanding of youth marketing and culture.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Animation, Photography & 3D Design skills a plus.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Conceptual thinker and ability to design within a concept.
- Experience in photoshoot concept direction and execution.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast paced work environment.