RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Women's Art Director is responsible to set the art direction for the RVCA women's brand across all touch points. This role will balance multiple projects from concept to launch, acting as a creative lead while working closely with the creative and marketing teams to support seamless go to market plans.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Overarching Graphic Direction / Look & Feel Globally of RVCA Women’s
- All Go to Market Creative Deliverables
- Photoshoot Briefs
- Logo Usage Guidelines
- Women’s Brand Book creation and implementation
- Sales Catalogs, Look Book and Marketing Books
- Studio and Location Photoshooting
- Windows / POP design
- Digital Design
- Printable design and direction: with ability to work with outside contractors.
- Video ideation + Art direction
- Developing a campaign Ideation
- Consult and work together with copywriting on language usage
- Technical knowledge of photography, photoshooting (location/studio), graphic design, art layout, retail space, digital design, and lighting.
- Technical knowledge of In Design, illustrator, photoshop, and keynote.
- On Location Photoshooting Experience.
- Studio Photoshooting Experience.
- Women’s branded apparel experience as the Creative Graphic lead.
- Video Direction experience.
- 10+ years similar experience as an Art Director or Senior Graphic Designer in women’s apparel / accessories industry.
- Key skills for this role will include a Hard working, “do-er”,Creative Talent, Attention to Detail, Out of the box thinking, People person (this is a collaborative environment), Sense of Urgency, Strong POV and communication skills, Flexibility and thick skin.