Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Digital Designer will primarily be responsible for working closely with the marketing and ecommerce team. Will be responsible for the design and production of our email campaigns, website marketing assets including brand, product and look book feature pages and social media needs. Seeking a designer with strong typography and layout skills, color correcting & retouching skills, and basic animation of imagery and type. Also the ability to follow and implement brand direction.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implement Billabong’s brand identity, visual and tone of voice into every email campaign & digital communication.
- Work closely with the marketing and ecommerce team to follow direction and meet deadlines.
- Design and develop email campaigns and website marketing assets.
- Work with email developer – providing all assets and instruction for development.
- Design display ads and social media assets.
- Willingness to listen to constructive feedback and make changes.
- Able to balance several work streams and prioritize deliverables working under tight deadlines.
- 3+ year Web Design experience is required
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- eCommerce experience
- Email design experience
- UI/UX experience a big plus
- Responsive design and development skills for desktop and mobile
- Experience in Sketch, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects a plus
- A desire & ability to drive innovation, both in technology and in process
- Intermediate level skill with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PPT, HTML/CSS