Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Ecommerce Manager will primarily be responsible to provide leadership and vision to define and drive the Ecommerce business for the Element, VonZipper, Honolua and Xcel brands. Grow sales and profitability of the sites and manage the presentation of the brand online, supporting the campaigns and initiatives that originate within the brand marketing and merchandising departments.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Take a strategic view of the digital commerce landscape, keeping current with industry best practices and trends.
- Manage team by providing vision, direction and guidance.
- Lead ecommerce buying, OTB, planning, web merchandising and product presentation.
- Optimize the experience on existing sites to improve conversion and increase repeat purchases.
- Oversee the implementation and utilization of database marketing program to drive brand loyalty and sales.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all brand leadership and other key contacts.
- Oversee concept development, strategizing, planning, implementation, and coordinating of ecommerce initiatives.
- Play a key role in the go-to-market process, and maintain a close relationship with the brand marketing team, representing the digital consumer and ecommerce efforts in the process.
- Maintain a smooth production process, enabling the efficient handling of updates and improvements to the sites’ functionality and design throughout each year.
- Drive a multi-channel focus, presenting a unified, customer-centric view of our brands, consistent across the brick-and-mortar and digital spaces.
- Liaise with marketing design, operations, analytics and development teams.
- Influence the fulfillment and returns handling aspects of the ecommerce business. Influence decisions on packaging, delivery options and service levels.
- Frame and map opportunities based on historical results & current trends to maximize sales.
- Develop strategies to deliver financial plans (sales, margin, contribution, inventory turns).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in ecommerce.
- Minimum of 12 months experience managing a small team.
- Ability to build a successful ecommerce business.
- Exposure to/understanding of buying, planning and merchandising is highly desirable.
- Experience in the apparel and/or sportswear business is highly desirable.
- Experience with P&L management, ecommerce and database marketing, digital production, design and technology tools and process is highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of merchandising, direct marketing and sales principles.