Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Warehouse Assistant is primarily responsible for Warehouse inventory control. The Warehouse Assistant will maintain excellent safety; quality; cleanliness, and productivity standards with the distribution warehouse. This position is based out of Mira Loma, CA. and should last 6 months.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Audit packaged merchandise using UPC codes
- Verify that all products are shipped/received correctly
- Confirm proper packing labeling and tagging of packaged product
- Record and report any issues encountered
- Coordinating work with fellow employees and working as team
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees within the organization
- Ability to be flexible with various assignments
- Regular, timely attendance
- Must be flexible with our hours of operation
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs., Work Overhead, Push/Pull up to 25 lbs., Bend, Stoop, Climb Ladders/Stairs, Continuous Standing/Walking
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent certificate from a certified institution.
- Experience in warehouse practices and knowledge of using warehouse equipment.
- Seeking a motivated, energetic, organized and experienced warehouse employee with experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Conditions including working extended hours and weekends when required.
- Six months of warehouse experience in similar position highly preferred.
- Needs to have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be flexible, able to work extended hours and weekends when required.