Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
Billabong is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Canadian team, reporting to and working closely with the Director, Sales & Marketing. This role will be responsible for continuing to build and strengthen the Billabong and Von Zipper brands within the Canadian marketplace. Driven by a passion for retail and brand building, this person will have the flexibility to work remotely or from home, across both the Sports and Retail Marketing platforms.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide best in class trade marketing support across wholesale channel to sales team
- Execute global dual gender brand creative across all B2B & B2C channels on time, on budget
- Create and coordinate seasonal go to market brand assets for sales team
- Manage the brand(s) dual gender Sport, Athlete, and Event programs, including: Athlete management and Event activations. This includes concept design, product allocation, brand positioning, onsite event activation, event post mortem reports
- Develop and help execute grassroots initiatives with sales teams
- Work closely with endemic and non endemic media sources to secure partnership and product placement opportunities for the brand(s)
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships quickly
- Co-ordinate production and delivery of seasonal products to sales team and accounts
- University Degree in Marketing or related field
- Strong understanding of the action sports landscape.
- Strong Adode applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) skillset a must
- Well organized and task oriented
- Strong ability to work autonomously, but also in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Travel across North America for promotional events, initiatives, meetings.