RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Managing assigned categories to ensure on time samples (product life cycle management) that meet design intent and brand quality standards.
- Daily interaction with Design, Sourcing, Technical Design, Production and Vendors as well as communication with Sales to deliver a design-directed sample line that meets all the requirements for quality, garment construction, price points (meeting margin) and delivery.
- Negotiate costs with vendors to ensure margin requirements are met at style and category level. Partner closely with sourcing team.
- Manage to calendar to ensure all critical milestones are met (support peers across departments) to meet all deadline deliverables and ensure fully commercialized product prior to PO’s.
- Partner closely with production team on all production deliverables; including awareness of greige projections.
- Be the category expert – be knowledgeable of category status and manage all reporting for assigned categories.
- Validate and manage time/action calendar received from sourcing channels and vendors.
- Partner closely with design to engineer product to meet margin targets. Take the lead on fabric first initiative and pre-costing.
- Partner closely with development team, design team and tech design team on all approvals related to product development.
- Take the lead on Research and Development of new fabrics/construction techniques to support company initiatives of R&D and design team for assigned categories.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in product development
- Must have prior experience working in a wholesale business model
- Prior experience managing technical, active and performance apparel product is a plus.
- Prior experience working with performance product suppliers (domestic and overseas) is preferred.
- Must have experience in product construction/fabric construction/wash and print techniques/component level cost management and calendar adherence management
- Must have experience in technical fabrications and we able to lead R&D fabric initiatives
- Must have experience in both men’s and women’s product
- Must be deadline driven and detail oriented
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude
- Must have excellent communication and follow through skills
- Must be PC & MAC computer literate in Applications – Adobe Illustrator, Word, Excel, and PLM is a plus but not required
- Must work well in a team environment