Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.
The Product Developer Intern is primarily responsible for working closely with the development team. Work with preline and salesman sample lines as well as assisting with PLM updates.
To apply please provide cover letter, resume, proof of enrollment in internship class/or receiving college credit for internship.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Check in and hang preline samples
- Prepare our house lines for photo shoots
- Put house lines in order
- Log in & file submits
- Help to maintain and establish organization within the department
- Assist with updating PLM line plans
- PLM updates
- Pack up sample lines
- Occasional helping sample coordinator with sales shipment preparation.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Knowledge of the action sports industry
- Computer knowledge a must
- Illustrator knowledge a must
- Retail/sales experience a plus
- Development or design experience a plus
- Must be currently enrolled in school