In 1992, the Element seed was planted.
Our goal was simple, to be the best we could be in the most honest and ethical way possible. We joined together to elevate what we all truly believe in. Today we continue to create the art, direction and message on the constant path to bring progress to skateboarding. We are more than a business, we are a family, all on the same journey for the growth within ourselves, Element, and all that surrounds us. -JOHNNY SCHILLEREFF, FOUNDER
The Sales Operations Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the Sales and Merchandising & Design engines by providing forecasts, reporting, analysis, hindsight and insights into the Global Element & Arbor Softgoods businesses. You will work to gather, aggregate, interpret and present sales data in a global manner. You will ensure that data is clean, clear, and consistent to run and optimize our cross-functional teams. In addition you will be the super user for the NuOrder B2B ecommerce platforms for both Element and Arbor brands.
In addition to supporting the sales teams through both recurring and ad-hoc analysis and reporting, the ideal candidate also work cross functionally to assist M&D with Merchandising tools that support the decision making of the group and create hindsight and seasonal post-mortem presentations. Examples include in-season bookings against forecast, SKU efficiency, color and size analyses, etc.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Providing daily, weekly, quarterly and seasonal sales/operations reports, dashboards, KPI updates, adhoc reports, and forecast data for senior leadership.
- Collecting, manipulating, summarizing, and communicating weekly sell-thru results for targeted key accounts, DTC and corporate retail locations.
- Managing Element/Arbor NuOrder global B2B Ecommerce portals for US/CAD territories to enable seamless order transmission from NuOrder into AS400 and display real-time current and future inventory availability. Oversees seasonal line sheet builds and uploads of image catalog. Supports new account onboarding and troubleshooting. Occasional order entry as needed to support sales force.
- Planning, forecasting and monitoring seasonal projections, builds, margins, etc.
- Obtaining feedback from other regions on sales planning initiatives and key performing products.
- Reviewing and analyzing current and past information/trends to help guide Element’s view of the line, category assortment, strategic line plans and LRP.
- Working with the Product and IT teams to ensure integrity of product data (e.g. pricing).
- Collaboratively prioritizing projects according to business needs and tracking progress toward project milestones (e.g. seasonal catalog process).
- Working cross-functionally to gain commitment and alignment on all initiatives.
- Analyzing order book by season, account, order type, sales rep, division, product class, style and SKU.
- Preparing and updating seasonal 5-year financial plan while regularly validating against actualized results.
- Creating dynamic seasonal SKU/Style Efficiency reports to support “fewer, bigger, better” group level initiative.
- Working with FP&A and Global GM to prepare board of directors presentations including key account growth analysis, margin performance and overall P&L strategy.
- Working with VP of M&D to increase go in margin through proactive management of category and gender mix.
- Supporting VP of Sales in developing seasonal sales programs, managing trade terms, rep performance reviews.
- Assist in OR/SIA Tradeshow planning and execution.
- 5-7 years of related professional experience with 1-3 years management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university (Preferred concentration Business Administration, Finance or related field).
- Strong fundamental understanding of the outdoor, snow sports or fashion retail industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, and good understanding and experience with retail math and retail financial drivers.
- Expert Excel skills - comfortable with VLOOKUP functions, SUMIF formulas, Pivot tables (experience with Power Pivot/Power Query/DAX Code is a Plus).
- Experience working with Business Intelligence systems (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, Relational Databases (AS400, Netsuite, SAP) and SQL a benefit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe illustrator skills a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from managers, stakeholders, cross-functional business leaders, sales representatives, peers, clients, and customers.
- Strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional difference and across diverse channels of distribution.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
- Experience product forecasting, statistical modeling and/or strategic planning.
- Inventory management experience preferred.
- Understanding of product development and manufacturing process (a plus).
- International Sales Experience (a plus).
- EDI Experience
- Travel required: 15%