Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Styling Coordinator/Assistant is primarily responsible for casting and booking models for studio and location, keep a studio styling closet with updated jewelry/styling tools, work side by side with M&D in the studio during studio photoshooting, book models for sales meetings & trade shows, wrangle samples for all studio & location shoots, coordinate samples. This position serves as the product link between M&D, Marketing and Photostudio needs.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- seasonal launch photo shooting in Studio , pinning, jewelry, assisting Allison, overseeing hair and makeup.
- Prior to the studio shoot, assisting Allison in the pre-styling work.
- Sourcing and keeping a styling closet - jewelry, vintage styling accessories, etc – anything needed for in studio shooting.
- Studio model casting, model booking and model contracts.
- Booking hair and makeup for studio shooting and contracts for hair/makeup.
- Sample wrangling for Studio, Location and Influencer shoots.
- Sample coordinator for marketing (with help from marketing coordinator).
- Influencer marketing – search for influencers/faces/influencer – models.
- Casting and booking sales meeting and trade show models.
- Assist in marketing flat lay photo studio works.
- 2 years experience styling
- Photo studio organization and model booking experience preferred
- Fashion/ Trend alpha
- Understands and is a study of Billabong women’s face/style/ look
- Apparel retail organization experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, process skills.
- Fashion trend / taste / styling.
- Simple Excel skills
- Organizational skills
- People Person
- Creative eye