Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Brand is now hugely successful internationally, resonating with people who share this surf lifestyle mindset in countries across the globe. The brand is authentic and inspirational in the surf, snow and skate markets.The Marketing Production Assistant is primarily responsible for all content pieces produced (influencer and also Billabong Driven photo shooting). Production including: Influencer, surfer model and model wrangling, coordination, brining contracts to fruition, location scouting, booking, negotiation, sample wrangling, budgets, invoices.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Production Duties:
- Studio Production – Women’s & Girls Catalog & E-comm shoots
- Booking hair /makeup
- Booking Models & assisting on model contracts
- Scheduling – Call sheets
- Budgeting Recaps and Invoice processing for Studio Shoots
- Location Shoots Production – Women’s, Girl’s, Influencer, Surfer Model, Surfers
- Travel Booking including Accommodations
- Call Sheets
- Prop Sourcing
- Main communicator with the Crew
- On shoot logistics
- Agents / Model Searching
- All above location duties
- More empowered leadership for logistics of the shoot
- Looking after Expenses
- On location expense reports under Kat’s cards/spending that are related to photoshoot expenses .
- Photography + Pick Up Photography:
- Additional on location content of behind the scenes and detail shots.
- Film camera photography
- Snapchat / social media posting from location shoots
- 4 Footwear Shoots per year on location and in studio footwear styling/shooting as needed
- Pick up Photography for girls, influencers, special projects
- Social media content creation / posting as necessary on location or in studio.
- Trained Photographer
- Production Assistant Experience
- P.A. – 2+ years
- Model booking or model agency