Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
This role facilitates
the ordering, return, delivery and general customer service requirements of our
customers across multiple brands.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Answer all incoming customer calls, emails and enquiries
- Resolve and investigate customer enquiries and problems (orders, deliveries, returns) in a supportive, friendly and helpful manner
- Provide knowledgeable and helpful advice to customers with regards to our product
- Enter correct data into systems
- Invoicing and receiving of distributor bulk orders
- Assure all orders ship within required shipping windows
- Liaise with sales regarding general customer information and feedback to ensure a coordinated customer service process
- Maintain the customer database in the AS400 as directed to ensure all stored information is correct
- Generate pick tickets and provide to distribution for shipping
- Maintenance orders to maximise shipping potential
- Use high level communication and rapport building skills when dealing with customers in order to build relationships
- Adhere to workplace health and safety laws, policies and procedures.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager or Safety Team Member.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety issues in your work area as required.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Must be well spoken in English and have proper phone and email etiquette
- Seeking fluent Bilingual (Spanish optional)
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in building and maintaining customer relationships
- Knowledge of database systems including data entry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate data entry
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task
- Team member with a flexible approach and supportive of others
- High level of motivation and energy
- MS Word, MS Excel, AS400 database