Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Production Artist is primarily responsible for the production of marketing collateral with a focus on catalogs. The role will also assist with the production of other marketing collateral including; in-store point of purchase, promotions, merchandising, logos, posters, flyers and print advertising.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for women's catalog production - will require a high level of technicality and attention to detail.
- Responsible for creation of collateral that ensures maximum quality, consistency and accuracy and is on-brand in order to elevate consumer experience utilizing style guides and creative briefs.
- Responsible for ensuring mechanicals are accurate and error-free; including file construction, organization and prepping of files for printing or digital output.
- Responsible for communicating with various stakeholders to adhere to deadlines, gather assets and streamline processes.
- Responsible for producing and adapting impactful creative collateral for Vertical and Wholesale Stores
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role with catalog production experience.
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in pre-production planning and processes.
- Motivated, highly-organized and able to effectively multi-task, troubleshoot and adapt with shifting priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible in working extended hours to meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude with ability to be a team player and contributor.