RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
As the Merchandising Analyst your primary purpose is to support the Merchandising & Design engine by providing analysis and insights into the Global RVCA business. You will work to gather, aggregate, interpret and present data in a global manner. You will ensure that data that is clean, clear, and consistent to run and optimize our Merchandising & Design teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and analyze current and past information/trends to help guide RVCA’s category assortments, strategic line plans and LRP.
- Establish and manage seasonal reporting.
- Make suggestions in relation to maximizing sales and profitability.
- Plan, forecast and monitor seasonal projections, margins, etc.
- Assist with the strategic decision making (category/product).
- Preparation and presentation of post seasonal analysis to M&D, Sales and Production.
- Provide analysis to support range size metrics (styles, options, skus, pricing, etc.).
- Obtain feedback from other regions on sales planning initiatives and key performing products.
- Research and prepare reports relating to trends, direction, sales and range analysis as required.
- Forecast and report business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ad hoc analysis and report creation.
- Enter and manage PLM data seasonally.
- Coordinate global griege/material buys with Integrated Planning Team.
- Provide catalog team with accurate product information; proof seasonal catalogs.
- Adhere to workplace health and safety laws, policies and procedures.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager or Safety.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety issues in your work area as required.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company.
- University Degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Merchandising, or Information Systems.
- Equivalent combination of both education and/or experience may be substituted for absence of a degree.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the buying and merchandising process from concept to consumer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly Analytical: emphasis on numerical and statistical analysis, with an understanding of how to effectively apply the principles. Ability to mine the data for meaningful business insights.
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking.
- Other skills: Ability to successfully adjust to rapid change and work in an open environment with the merchandising team and cross-functional partners. Ability to work under pressure, think strategically, act tactically, being open minded and flexible.
- Experience: 5+ years of related professional experience, preferably within similar roles.
- Experience in the Action Sports, Outdoor, or Apparel based industries is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Visual Basic, Data Base, and SQL knowledge a benefit.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a benefit.