RVCA is the brainchild of company founder and president, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of like-minded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
RVCA in essence is redefining the way the market views art and fashion as represented through the balance of opposites and how they coexist: water, oil; air, land; destruction, industrialization; art, science; foreign, domestic; order, chaos; past, present.
The Senior Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for creating artwork for apparel, primarily T-Shirts. This Position will collaborate cross-functionally in order to stay in line with business needs, current retail market trends and overall brand direction.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create T-Shirt graphics from conception through final vendor-ready art.
- Collaborate with Art Director to develop and execute seasonal deliverables.
- Interpret trend boards and design direction in order to develop graphics.
- Partner with Apparel Designers to ensure a cohesive collection for each season.
- Collaborate with production teams on execution.
- Research retail market trends and translate into graphics.
- Maintain project libraries and organize graphics by season and concept.
- Execute design briefs as needed.
- Associates degree in Graphic Design or Illustration and two years experience in graphic design.
- Four years experience in graphic design or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- 4-6 years graphic design experience, preferably in apparel or action sports industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong Illustration and typography skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to design around concepts.