Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Senior Tax Accountant will primarly be responsible for preparing income tax returns, tax provision for US and Canada. As well as assisting with income tax and tax provision audits.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare federal and state/provincial income tax returns for US and Canada.
- Research federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations and proactively monitor legislative changes and impact on the companies.
- Prepare income tax provision for US and Canada.
- Provide tax analysis on specific tax issues as necessary.
- Prepare income tax estimated tax payments and extensions for US and Canada. Coordinate and respond to all internal and external inquiries, notices and assessments.
- Assist with income tax and tax provision audits.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Prepare withholding tax filings for US and Canada, monitor withholding tax payments for interest and royalty paid.
- Accounting degree required.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Previous experience in corporate tax department is preferred.
- Previous experience preparing consolidated federal and state income tax returns.
- Knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS 109) and ASC 740-10 (FIN 48).
- Experience conducting tax research.
- Detail oriented, accurate and well organized individual with strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Stable individual able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Team player with strong work ethic, flexibility in approach, and supportive to team members.
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate tax experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, knowledge with “OneSource” income tax software system is highly preferred.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- MAS 200 experience is a plus.