Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The Graphic Designer/Developer SMU is primarily responsible for creating strong, original graphic designs for the Billabong Women's SMU business and follow the development of all styles related to graphics for SMU.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Graphic concepts and designs.
- Market research /trends in graphic design, innovation, applications and techniques.
- Adopt and update current successful graphics.
- Develop strong visual brand language through graphic art.
- Work well independently with excellent follow through skills.
- Effectively manage multiple projects across all categories.
- Follow development process for all styles with graphics.
- Work with production to maintain blank inventories for SMU.
- Previous design experience in women’s fashion a plus.
- 3-5 years graphic design experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign in a MAC environment.
- Knowledge of screen print process and techniques.
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity w/ PLM.