Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant and his then partner, Rena. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with the pair designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.The Inventory Accounting Manager is primarily responsible to examine inventory accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Monthly analysis of excess inventory, obsolescence, shortages and related freight costs.
- Actively build relationships with Operations and IT leadership to ensure that Inventory Accounting is considered a key stakeholder in key decisions and strategies.
- Work cross functionally with the distribution center to provide metrics, measures, and recommendations.
- Design and implement processes to improve visibility into regional Inventory Health.
- Act as a main contact for the Company’s external auditors during walkthroughs, control testing, and inventory validation procedures.
- Develop high-impact presentations to communicate: Status of projects and results of internal control assessments, Inventory Accuracy, and Projects / Initiatives.
- Utilize an advanced knowledge of key internal control concepts to create, update, standardize and improve documentation of business processes and internal controls.
- Ensure that cycle count process conforms to standards defined within the department.
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of prior accounting experience to include cost accounting, reserve calculations, general ledger, and financial reporting assistance in a well-established corporate environment, supporting multiple locations.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of inventory transaction cycle and the accompanying accounting entries.
- Strong technical knowledge of revenue recognition (loyalty programs, reserves for returns ,etc).
- Interest in developing and implementing procedures and process improvements.
- 4 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Retail or Distribution Company experience is highly desired.
- Technical accounting knowledge around Inventory / COGS.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests including project tracking - manage and oversee multiple projects and deliverables.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior leadership.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Self-starter, eager to learn, result-oriented and creative strategic thinker.
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel required, and strong use of other Microsoft products a plus.
- Experience with ACS preferred.
- Experience with AS400 system a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft BI a plus.