Billabong was founded on Australia's Gold Coast in 1973 by surfer and surfboard shaper Gordon Merchant. Those early days were rather inauspicious, with Gordon designing boardshorts at home, cutting them out on the kitchen table and then carting the finished product around to the local surf shop to sell.
From these humble beginnings, Billabong was born.
The Billabong Group is now one of the largest boardsport and lifestyle brands in the world. We have an impressive team of unique brands including Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel and retail banners including Quiet Flight, Becker Surf and Beachworks.
The FP&A analyst will support Billabong, RVCA, Element, Von Zipper, Honolua and Xcel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Globalization of standard reports across Ecom platform.
- Lead Customer Engagement metrics integration with Business Intelligence.
- Proactive engagement and dash boarding for customer management.
- Preparation of management submissions with financial analysis and board papers for new retail lease deals and lease renewals.
- Preparation of monthly P+L’s and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist management with compiling annual bottom-up budgets, forecasts and business plans.
- Participation in other key strategic initiatives and adhoc projects as appropriate
- Coordinate and prepare regional forecasts, budgets (annually) and business plans (annually).
- Lead financial presentations to Senior Management.
- Trend analysis of Gross Profit, balance sheet accounts, and expenses to assist leaders in decision making.
- Continued enhancement of monthly brand reporting packages – work with global partners to standardize.
- Ensuring a seamless integration of the budgets and forecasts into monthly reporting.
- Perform ROI analysis on stores (Cost analysis on future closings, ROI for new stores, and continuous analyses or current fleet performance.
- Assist in the monthly reporting process from variance analysis perspective.
- Involvement in adhoc projects, reporting and strategic initiatives as necessary.
- Degree qualified
- CA/CPA qualification optional.
- Minimum 5-7 years financial management or management consulting experience in a retail or ecommerce.
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large data sets.
- Exposure/understanding of retail market trends and or supply chain.
- Wholesale analytical margin and pricing experience.
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with PowerPivot/Power Query, Power Bi, Hyperion and any SQL. knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience in apparel ideal.
- Business analysis experience preferred.