Ed D’Ascoli founded Xcel in 1982, working from the bedroom of his Sunset Beach house. D’Ascoli found no shortage of inspiration from the world-class performances on display at his doorstep; and the opportunity to create and to connect high-performance products with the athletes who demanded them was irresistible. Xcel’s passionate focus on product development would become the defining characteristic of the brand.
The Graphic Designer is responsible to provide specific graphic requirements for Wetsuits and Apparel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Graphics for our wetsuit collection seasonally.
- Creating and managing logo tech packs for factories for each and every style.
- Work with Design Director establishing Line plans and color stories.
- Design and develop graphics for seasonal hard goods and apparel for global ranges with direction from the Creative Director.
- Research and analyze market trends.
- Regularly communicate with Design Director and Retailers to gather feedback and briefs on graphic concepts and ideas as needed.
- Work with marketing team, and develop; Catalog, Campaign, Hang Tags, Packaging, Pop.
- Qualifications in Graphic Art. Create Logo masters, Spec sheets, and Line plans drawings.
- Ability to work within Excel affectively and accurately (Tech Packs).
- Minimum 3 years experience required.
- Assist in marketing needs (ads, hang tags, apparel, POP, etc.) Using In Design.
- Proficiency in the following; Photoshop, Freehand, Acrobat, Illustrator, In Design.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems and developing a range of solutions.
- Self-starter, with proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team member with strong work ethics, flexible in approach and supportive of others.